General Data Protection Policy (GDPR)
Information we Collect
To fulfil your order, you provide us with certain information (which you authorise or PayPal provide to us), which may include your name, email address, postal address, payment information and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information for a custom order.
Why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
- If necessary to comply with legal obligation or court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
How we collect this data
This data is provided to The Sugar Fudge Fairy at the ordering process or PayPal. We receive the details saved to your account at the time of ordering. Information is then stored in our website and PayPal account, so that we can despatch your order to the correct address. We also receive emails from PayPal and Shopify confirming a purchase has been made and the address you have requested we send your order to.
Information sharing and disclosure
We share your information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Compliance laws – we may collect, use, retain and share your information if we have good faith or belief that is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property and safety of our customers, or others.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
How we keep your data secure
Data stored digitally:
This information collected during the ordering/checkout process is stored in our website and PayPal account.
PayPal have renewed their GDPR policies to abide with new laws in place, effective 25th May 2018 (links listed below).
We employ security measures on all our devices to ensure data is stored securely. Devices in our possession that have access to our password protected website and PayPal accounts are as follows:
- Laptop – password protected
-Android Phones – passcode protected – auto lock screen
- Tablet – passcode protected – auto lock screen
Data stored as a hard copy:
We do not store customers personal information as a hard copy.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. WE describe these rights below:
- Access – You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Complain – if you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact us
For the purposes of EU data protection law, we The Sugar Fudge Fairy, are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about GDPR or any of our other policies or terms, please do get in touch – we take your privacy very seriously and are more than happy to help. Thank you.